Saturday, January 20, 2007

Comments from MotoMarcel visitors

I met Marcel around 5 years ago when I purchased an older Ducati from him. He welcomed me into his home, I met his wife Christie, and his friendly attitude was overwhelming. We remained friends and kept in contact from our first meeting, and it was always great to talk about anything to do with bikes, family, and life. He will be greatly missed and our condolences to his family and friends. God's speed Marcel.
- Greg & Tina Petersen

Someone somewhere must have needed some stories told, wine sipped, bikes ridden, waters calmed, problems solved, hearts warmed or old trucks rescued. Marcel will be so missed by so many.
- Scott Young

He was a prince.
- John

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I met Marcel back in the early eighties on the way to Baja, he was driving the Yoshimura Truck, our paths have crossed many times since then and I've always been struck by Marcel's great humanity, kindness and willingness to help out. Our world and our industry is diminished with his absence. Safe journey friend.

M Vaughan

DHS said...

Marcel
I know you where there on Sunday -
but let me tell you what I saw and heard
So many people – friends and family
You touched with your generosity and caring
The sky was crying
The vintage Indians that rode up in the Rain – pure poetry
An open baffled Triumph came along as well – so sweet
Mackie – was beautiful and so strong
I know you are so proud
The suggestion “ that we all take a pinch” and put it in our crankcases made me laugh!
I’m sure you did too
Your stunning Christie misses you so much but she is strong like Mackie
JH – he has learned so much from you
Max, Mark. AJ and Chris all had great stories to tell me
The songs sung had all fighting back the tears
Do you believe the soul goes on?
We were all so lucky to have known you
The sky was crying – but
It was obvious you were smiling down on all of us
Marcel – be well
Godspeed
DHS
Concord CA